My Digital Year 2016
WriterBy Steve Higgins
December 30, 2016 11:38 PM ‐ YouTube
2016 wasn't a great year, there was Brexit, Trump and the death of countless celebrities but online the last twelve months have been good to me.
2,008,870 Total Website Page Views
The year started with my GhostArk content delivering a big chunk of website traffic, then a flash of light in Bristol became one of the top pages of the year in just three days.
I did some work on my website Rate My Crush which resulted in an increase of more than 225k page views over the year making it my busiest website of 2016.
Countdown To Red Cups also saw a 35% increase in page views year on year making it my second biggest website, an amazing feat when you think that all of this traffic comes in just one month of the year.
Nettleden's page views were down slightly on last year but the site still performed well over the last twelve months, although now badly in need of some work including paying made mobile-friendly at the very least.
The biggest growth in number came from this site, I increased my efforts on this site, started blogging more and looked for more commercial opportunities, the result was an increase in page views by 167% and Higgypop.com is now by far my most profitable website.
My Top Websites 2016 (Page Views)
1. Rate My Crush - 718,329
2. Countdown To Red Cups - 539,494
3. Nettleden - 512,623
4. Higgypop - 111,989
5. Burlington Bunker - 82,797
My Top Pieces Of Content (Page Views)
1. Top Ten Foods For Your First Deliveroo Order - 30,737
3. 10 Most Amazing Abandoned Places In The UK - 16,650
4. The UK's Top 10 Secret Bunkers - 12,682
5. Bunkers For Sale In The UK - 10,220
6. Eggnog Latte - Starbucks Christmas Drinks - 9,739
7. Every Cheese Joke Ever Written - 8,594
9. Who Is Evalion & What Does She Believe? - 6,252
10. Win A Higgypop Potions Set - 3,893
My YouTube Channel Broke 10 Million Views
My website numbers don't seen all that impressive when compared to my YouTube channel. This year my channel broke the 10 million views mark and climbed to almost 40k subscribers.
Here's some top level stats from my channel in 2016...
5,572,129 video views
15 years, 240 days of watch time
18,685 subscribers gained
My Top Videos Of 2016 (Views)
1. How To Become A Mermaid - A Potion That Really Works - 821,579
2. How To Make A Love Potion That Really Works - 533,683
4. How To Make An Invisibility Potion - 254,489
5. How To Become A Vampire - A Potion That Really Works - 218,341
6. How To Make A Flying Potion - Gives You Wings - 164,222
7. How To Summon A Demon Potion - 126,389
8. How To Make A Fire Power Potion - 125,726
10. How To Make A Luck Potion - 107,976
Plans For 2017
So, you're probably not wondering what I have planned for 2017. Well, as I mentioned previously, Nettleden badly need some love and attention and I've already started working on that.
I have some plans for Rate My Crush to try to maximise its success. I will of course continue to make a YouTube video every week and have some thoughts in the back of mind on things like podcasting, and also a few eager co-podcasters.
I guess only time will tell what I'll get round to doing, what will work and which ideas will be ditched after a month, but until then thanks for all of your support over the past year.
Have a happy and creative 2017!
Best Paranormal Channels On YouTube 2019
August 12, 2019
What Are Most Haunted Up To Now?
May 20, 2019
YouTubers Bring Shame On Paranormal Community With Human Bone Hoax
December 20, 2018
Live Halloween 2018 Special From The "Hell House"
October 26, 2018
YouTuber Alfie Deyes Visits UK's Most Haunted Prisons
August 05, 2018
I Almost Quit YouTube This Week
May 05, 2018
How To Get Around YouTube's 'Not Suitable For All Advertisers'
January 05, 2018
My Digital Year 2017
December 31, 2017
Should I Join TopBuzz's Content Distribution Platform?
October 27, 2017
Creativity & Online Content Creation
August 21, 2017
Who Is Whitney Wisconsin?
February 04, 2017
You May Also Like