The Skirrid Inn Ghost Quiz
The Skirrid Inn is said to be the oldest pub in Wales, with over 900 years of brutal executions, witchcraft, and suffering, it's no wonder this ancient pub, located in the beautiful Brecon Beacons, has such a reputation for being the most haunted too.
Over a period of many years the first floor of the inn was used as a court of law and as many as 180 prisoners were sentence to judicial hanging in the 17th Century. The punishment was carried out at the inn itself and above the building's dark oak staircase, an original beam still exists just outside the courtroom, which shows the marks from the hangman's rope.
It is one of the most famous haunting cases in the UK, but how much do you know about the paranormal activity which occurs in Wales' most haunted pub? Test your knowledge with this tricky paranormal trivia quiz...
1. In which part of the pub has the ghost of a woman in a white dress been spotted on numerous occasions?
2. Which of these television ghost hunting shows as visited the pub?
3. There apparitions of a local clergyman is often spotted in the pub, but what was his name?
4. Which nearby geological feature does the inn get the name Skirrid from?
5. What is the name of the woman who worked in the inn during the 18th Century, who haunts the pub after dying of tuberculosis at the age of 35?
6. The ghost of a former convict by the name of John Crowther haunts the pub, he was executed here, but what was his crime?
7. Ghostly soldiers are often sighted in the pub. It's said many who were injured in battle returned to the pub, which at the time was being used by Owain Glyndŵr to lead a revolt against which English king?
8. The infamous "Hanging Judge" is rumoured to have held court in the first floor of the inn, what was his name?
9. Which of these supernatural phenomenon has NOT been reported at the Skirrid Inn?
10. When former landlady Heather Grant put the pub up for sale in 2002, she told the BBC that what started mysteriously flying in the kitchen?
Haunted Fort Paull Closes Its Doors After 20 Years As A Museum
January 24, 2020
Help! My House Is Haunted: Ghost Of Grandad
January 23, 2020
Barri Ghai's Top Tips For Capturing EVPs
January 22, 2020
Inside No. 9 Returns In February
January 21, 2020
What Is The Best Ghost Hunting Gadget?
January 20, 2020
Ghosts Have Been Spotted In These 10 British Libraries
January 19, 2020
This Week's Paranormal Television w/c 20th January
January 19, 2020
The Realism Of Ghost Hunting Captured In New Game
January 18, 2020
Paranormal Podcast Star Descend On Haunted Codnor Castle
January 17, 2020
Help! My House Is Haunted: Gedling House Of Cricket
January 16, 2020
'Ghost Nation' New To The Really Channel This January
January 15, 2020
Locke & Key: Netflix's Latest Supernatural Horror
January 14, 2020
You May Also Like