BBC Radio 1 50th Birthday Quiz
BBC Radio 1 turns 50 years old this month but how much do you know about the history of the world's most famous radio station?
From the breakfast show, the most coveted radio gig in the UK, this quiz will test your knowledge of Tony Blackburn, the first breakfast host, to Chris Evans and the show's current host Nick Grimshaw. You'll also need to know about Radio 1 controversies from the last five decades including the songs they've banned, and the DJs who've been sacked.
From the Chart Show, to drive time, to some of the station's most obscure programmes to ever make it onto the schedule, this quiz will challenge even the biggest Radio 1 anorak.
1. Which DJ took over the breakfast show from its first ever host Tony Blackburn?
2. What was the original medium wave frequency of Radio 1?
3. Which of these celebrities was an X Factor judge alongside Radio 1's Nick Grimshaw?
4. Which Radio 1 DJ climbed Mount Kilimanjaro for Comic Relief?
5. Which of these DJs has never presented the chart show?
6. Before going it alone, who did Zoë Ball present the breakfast show with?
7. What was the first ever song played on Radio 1?
8. Which comedian was behind the late 90s Radio 1 comedy show 'Blue Jam?'
9. What was the name of the fictional dog Tony Blackburn brought with him from Radio Caroline?
10. Which of these was never a sidekick on Scott Mills show?
11. Which song did Radio 1 and the BBC famously ban in 1984?
12. Which events replaced the axed Radio 1 Roadshows in 2000?
13. Who has been the host of the long-running show the 'Essential Mix' since 1993?
14. What is the real name of "the one who doesn't speak?"
15. Which Radio 1 DJ made the sound effect "quack quack oops" famous?
16. Chris Evans quit the Radio 1 breakfast show because the station's bosses wouldn't let him do what?
17. What was the name of Radio 1's Great Portland Street studios?
18. Which Radio 1 DJ famously quit on air with the words "changes are being made here which go against my principles?"
19. Who was sacked after failing to show up for their show while broadcasting from Ibiza?
20. Before it moved into the same building as Radio 1, where was the Live Lounge?
Fantastic Beast Or Real Weird Creature Quiz
March 13, 2019 6:00 AM
Angel Number Calculator
March 01, 2019 6:00 AM
How Did Greg James Get Out Of The Escape Room?
February 19, 2019 2:00 PM
Ask A Psychic A Question
February 06, 2019 6:00 AM
Most Haunted Live! Trivia Quiz
January 04, 2019 6:00 AM
Paranormal Quiz Of The Year 2018
December 28, 2018 6:00 AM
Higgypop Potions Quiz 2018
December 27, 2018 6:00 AM
Ultimate Christmas Preparation Checklist
December 19, 2018 6:00 AM
Most Haunted Episode Locations Quiz
December 07, 2018 6:00 AM
How Well Do You Know Your Supernatural Beings?
November 21, 2018 6:00 AM
Most Haunted Series 23 Quiz
November 09, 2018 6:00 AM
25 Ultra-Geeky 'Jurassic Park' Questions - 25th Anniversary Quiz
November 07, 2018 6:00 AM
You May Also Like
- NewMarch 24, 2019 6:00 AM
Barry Chuckle Visits Paul From The Afterlife In His DreamsMarch 23, 2019 6:00 AM
Does 'Us' Live Up To The Hype?March 22, 2019 11:00 PM
Most Haunted Crew Demolish Wall To Talk To Spirits - Most HauntedMarch 22, 2019 7:00 PM
Spirit Makes Crew Member Sick For Over An Hour - Most HauntedMarch 19, 2019 7:00 PM
The Birthing Wall - Short Horror StoryMarch 18, 2019 11:45 PM