Drakelow Tunnels Ghost Quiz
How much do you know about the eerie network of interconnecting tunnels that were carved under a sandstone hill near the town of Kidderminster?
The passageways make up a disorientating maze of 3.5 miles of tunnels, covering over 26,000 square meters and were originally excavated ito house the Drakelow Underground Dispersal Factory which was used by more than 500 employees of the Rover Motor Company to manufacture aircraft engines for the Ministry of Aircraft during the WWII.
After the war, Drakelow Depot, as it was then known, was put on standby by the Home Office as a nuclear bunker during the Cold War. The facility was kitted out with everything needed to house 325 local government officials, armed forces and heads of emergency services in the event of a nuclear strike on the United Kingdom.
According to newspaper reports at the time, at least three men were killed by a roof fall while digging out the tunnels in the 1940s, there are reports since of factory workers being killed undergrounds. So, it's no surprise that the tunnels are also said to house a plethora of ghosts, but how much do you know about the hauntings at Drakelow Tunnels? Take the test...
1. A demon guardian is said to protect the tunnels because part of them were dug out under what?
2. The site's owner, Sid Robinson, describes this demon as looking like what?
3. Through which of this means has the demon NOT made its presence known to visitors in the tunnel?
4. What is the nickname given to a ghost of a worker who died during the excavation of the tunnels when a rock fall crushed his head?
5. One ghost is said to physically push guests, who is he thought to be?
6. The ghost of a lady who is quite often seen near the entrance with a child, but how did she die?
7. The most commonly reported ghost of the tunnels is said to interact with visitors in what way?
8. One ghost is said to be accompanied by his pet dog, what was his job in the tunnels in life?
9. What happened to the current site's owner while working alone in the tunnels?
10. When television show, 'Most Haunted' visited the tunnels in 2014, what old object was thrown, hitting the show's host Yvette Fielding on the shoulder?
I Bought A Real Cursed Dybbuk Box On eBay
April 18, 2019 6:00 AM
10 Most Haunted Scottish Castles
April 16, 2019 6:00 AM
Paranormal TV Show Wins Indie Series Award
April 14, 2019 6:00 AM
Most Haunted's 10 Most Unusual Paranormal Locations
April 12, 2019 6:00 AM
What's More Dangerous, Dabbling In The Occult Or Skiing?
April 07, 2019 6:00 AM
10 Most Haunted Castles In Ireland
April 06, 2019 6:00 AM
10 Things You Never Knew About Most Haunted
April 05, 2019 6:00 AM
20 Most Haunted Places In London
April 03, 2019 6:00 AM
Anne Boleyn's Ghost To Be Sold To Alton Towers
April 01, 2019 6:00 AM
Perfect Love Match Psychic Calculator
April 01, 2019 12:43 AM
Most Haunted Early-2019 Series Quiz
March 29, 2019 6:00 AM
Simon Pegg and Nick Frost's Ghost Hunting TV Series Edges Closer
March 28, 2019 6:00 AM
You May Also Like
- NewApril 18, 2019 6:00 AM
The Dark Rituals Aleister Crowley Performed In House That's Up For SaleApril 17, 2019 6:00 AM
10 Most Haunted Scottish CastlesApril 16, 2019 6:00 AM
Ghost Caught Stopping Clock On Camera After Request From Ghost Hunter - Most HauntedApril 15, 2019 6:00 PM
7 Creepypasta Story ReadingsApril 14, 2019 11:12 PM
Scientology Investigated After Teenager's Mysterious DeathApril 13, 2019 6:00 PM